Koinonia strives to provide excellent opportunities for professional development for our staff. Some of these are:
- Annual Koinonia Professional Day -- This all day event is held in August just before school opens. All Koinonia staff gather in Red Deer for fellowship, worship and instruction. This year it will was held on August 30, 2012.
- ACSI Teachers' Conference - The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) teachers' conference is held yearly in Calgary or Edmonton.
- ACSI Board - Administrators Convention - Since all Koinonia schools are ACSI members, all principals and board members are eligible to attend this excellent conference held each November in Canmore.
- Local School Professional Days - Each Koinonia school holds one or two additional professional days in the school year for the purpose of encouraging teachers in their ministry of Christian education. These are usually organized by the school administration.
- Joint Professional Days between 2 or more schools - Often 2 or more of our schools from the same region join together for professional development which can be done more effectively with a larger number of participants.
- Monthly Principals' Meetings - Our principals assemble monthly along with the superintendents for business, fellowship, ideas, and mutual encouragement. Due to distance, a southern meeting and a northern meeting are usually held separately each month. These meetings are led by the superintendents.