Koinonia Christian Schools assists its member schools in locating qualified Protestant evangelical Christian professionals who have a desire to serve Jesus Christ by impacting students in Christian schools.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE for the 2013-14 school year:
1. Grade 1-3 Generalist Teacher: Slave Lake Koinonia Christian School. This is a full time position. A music background would be an asset. Contact: Principal, Sandra Sergeant - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Grade 4-6 Teacher: Cherry Coulee Christian Academy. This is a full time position. Contact: Principal, Mike Daniels - email@example.com
3. .6 Teaching Position: Newell Christian School. This is a Gr. 5-9 position, mainly LA, Jr.High. Contact: Principal, Theresa Nagel - firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Grade 5-9 Teacher: Newell Christian School. This is a full time position. Definitely Math Gr.7-9 and PE Gr.3-9. Prefer a male teacher, but not a pre-requisite. Science Gr.7-9 knowledge or experience an advantage. Contact: Principal, Theresa Nagel - email@example.com
5. Principal / Teacher: Newell Christian School. This will be approx. 65% teaching and 35% admin. Teaching assignments are negotiable. Contacts: Board Chair, Marlene Boardman - firstname.lastname@example.org; Associate Superintendent, Garry Anderson - email@example.com
6. Part time Bookkeeper: Newell Christian School. This will involve 2.5 days per week. Contact: Principal, Theresa Nagel - firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Early Elementary Teacher: High Level Christian Academy. This is a full time position. Contact: Principal, Mark Pelley - email@example.com
8. .75 Math/Science Teacher: Yellowhead Koinonia Christian School. Position will include teaching some of Gr 5-12 Math/Science plus other subjects yet to be determined (CTS, Options, Health, Bible, etc.). Contact: Principal, Jason Rand - firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Grade 3-5 Teacher: Yellowhead Koinonia Christian School. This is a full time position. Contact: Principal, Jason Rand - email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TEACHER'S POSITION:
- E-mail your resume directly to the school regarding the positions listed above. OR
- E-mail your resume to the Superintendent of Koinonia Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it: 403-335-9513 OR
- Check out www.educationcanada.com and apply directly to the schools that have openings OR
- Our Koinonia School System is also now using applytoeducation.com to receive applications. We encourage qualified candidates to apply electronically on www.applytoeducation.com. We are placing job postings on applytoeducation.com for all grades and subject areas. Applicants are encouraged to sign up for the "Job Alert" feature on applytoeducation.com to be emailed when we post jobs.
The successful applicant must agree with our Statement of Faith and our Moral Conduct Policy. Please include all the following information for consideration:
- personal testimony of salvation
- philosophy of education
- two letters of reference related to teaching
- one letter of character reference from a pastor
- transcripts and evaluations
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PRINCIPAL'S POSITION:
You are encouraged to e-mail your resume to the Superintendent of Koinonia Christian Schools at email@example.com or fax it to (403) 335-9513. Please indicate the school you are interested in applying for.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Experienced Principals. If you have successful experience in leading Christian schools and believe God is calling you to a new challenge, please contact us.
- First-time Principals and Vice Principals for small and medium sized Christian schools. If you have at least 6 years of teaching experience and believe God may be calling you into Christian school leadership, we would like to talk to you. We are prepared to train you if you are committed to working in Koinonia Christian Schools.
ACSI CERTIFICATION for KOINONIA PRINCIPALS AND TEACHERS:
Koinonia and IBOLT are pleased to partner in offering Koinonia Principals and Teachers the opportunity to start or complete their Bible and Theology credits for ACSI certification. For more information see the IBOLT website: www.ibolt.com