Benefits & Advantages for all Koinonia Schools
1. Policy direction
2. Assistance in hiring staff (Principal,Teacher, Support
3. Professional Development
4. Mutual support
5. Joint outreach & education opportunities
6. Joint student activities
7. Conflict resolution
8. Credibility of Koinonia name
10. Extended Health Benefits
11. Group Licenses & Group Memberships
12. Exchange of Resources
1. Monthly levy amount as determined annually by the KCES
Board of Directors. The levy is calculated on 12 months
and paid in 10 instalments, Sept - June.
2. Assessments for Benefits Plan, RRSP, Insurance, etc.
3. Agreed upon costs outside of Budget (eg. tele
Responsibilities for all Koinonia Schools
1. Contract for membership in the Koinonia School System
2. Adherence to the KCES Statement of Faith.
3. Adhere to the purpose and distinctives of KCES.
4. Pay levy and assessments (Benefits premiums, Insurance,
5. Adhere to Core Policies.
6. Maintain Alberta Education accreditation.
7. Participate in Koinonia Events where possible.
8. Submit monthly School Board Meeting Minutes and
School Newsletters (If they are not posted on your
website) to the KCES office.
If a member school votes to close, KCES will have the opportunity to continue or restart the school with full access to assets of the closed school, as per KCES By-Laws.