What Koinonia Offers
For Member Schools
- Our goal in Koinonia Christian Schools (KCS) is to help member schools become so strong that they are able to give more than they receive. This is the Biblical Koinonia principle we read about in Acts 4:32-37.
- Our superintendent provides support and direction for principals and boards. As a result we have many long-term principals in KCS.
- Principals also meet monthly for mutual encouragement and more experienced principals mentor less experienced principals.
- Professional development opportunities are made available to teachers, principals, support staff and boards.
- KCS provides assistance with selecting and developing curriculum and provides on-line courses to support high school programs.
- KCS provides policies and procedures.
- KCS provides financial guidance including help with budgeting, fundraising and tuition relief procedures.
- Larger KCS schools lead mission outreach teams that smaller schools may join.
- KCS helps schools set up effective staff benefit packages including medical/dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and group RRSP’s.
- KCS helps schools gain maximum benefit from various associations like ACSI and AISCA.
- KCS helps schools establish and maintain good relationships with Alberta Education.
- KCS provides group buying opportunities in areas like liability insurance, equipment and supplies.
For Non-Member Schools
- Exploratory Membership - Koinonia gets frequent inquiries from existing Christian schools who are interested in what we offer but not prepared to join immediately. Requests are often made for opportunities to participate in some of our activities as a way of experiencing Koinonia and making a more knowledgeable decision to join or not. To provide interested schools an opportunity of experiencing Koinonia prior to joining; an interim Exploratory Membership could be advantageous to all.
If you are interested in exploring membership in Koinonia Christian Schools please contact Vern Rand, Superintendent.