Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible, containing the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God and is the final authority on the Christian faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, who exists eternally in three equal persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — and who created out of nothing the heavens and the earth and all that is in them by the power of His spoken word (Genesis 1:1; Genesis 1:26; Psalm 33:6; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3; Mark 1:9-11; Hebrews 11:3).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is both true God and true man (Exodus 3:13-15 and John 8:58-59; John 1:1-18; John 10:30-33; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 2:14-18). We believe in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:26-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His substitutionary death (Romans 4:25; Romans 5:8; Galatians 3:13-14; Hebrews 2:9); His physical resurrection (Luke 24:39-43; I Corinthians 15:1-22); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Luke 24:50-53); and His personal, visible, and bodily return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:11; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 22:12).
- We believe that man was created by God in His own image (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6) but was spiritually separated from God because of sin (Genesis 3:23-24; Romans 3:10-12; I John 1:8-10), and is incapable of being reconciled to God apart from the work of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:6-8; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:1-5).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of rebirth by the Holy Spirit for salvation (John 3:1-3; I Peter 1:23). We believe that man is justified (declared righteous) by God on the single ground of the righteousness of Jesus Christ (namely, His sacrificial and atoning death on the cross to pay the penalty for sin, and His perfect obedience) freely given to all who believe in Him. We believe that this saving work and perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ can only be received by faith alone (Isaiah 53:1-12; Jeremiah 23:6; Matthew 20:28; John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:1-3; Romans 5:8-19; Romans 10:1-10; I Corinthians 1:30; II Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 2:21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 3:7-9; I John 4:10).
- We believe in the physical resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved will rise to eternal life, and those that are lost to eternal punishment (Matthew 16:27; John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46; I Corinthians 15:12-17).
- We believe that the Church is the body of born-again believers in fellowship with Christ and with fellow believers (I Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 2:19-21; Hebrews 10:25).
- We believe in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, who indwells believers enabling them to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 5:15-21).
While Koinonia Christian Schools acknowledge and respect the legitimate differences that exist within evangelical theology, only the above doctrines will be taught as truth in our schools.