About Koinonia Christian Schools
Koinonia Christian Education Society exists to assist parents in the Christian education of their children towards spiritual and academic excellence through the establishment and maintenance of Christian schools.
- Koinonia Christian Schools is a system of 9 evangelical, parent-run, non-denominational Christian schools serving Alberta, Canada.
- Koinonia Christian Schools work together to provide children with a Christ-centered, academically excellent education. We use direct, classroom instruction and provincially accredited curriculum but teach all courses from an evangelical Christian world view.
- The Koinonia Christian School (KCS) system became an official charitable organization in 1983. It was started by a group of small Christian schools in central Alberta who realized that they could be more effective by working together.The Koinonia Christian Education Society (KCES) is the legal entity that operates the Koinonia Christian School system.
- KCS supports non-denominational, evangelical Christian schools in much the same way that denominations support their local churches. It provides a framework for mutual support, guidance, and accountability.
- KCS also assists families with starting new Christian schools.
- KCS welcomes independent Christian schools that share the our Statement of Faith and Core Values to join the system.
- KCS offers services to both member and non-member schools. Check out our "What We Offer" page to see if your school or home school would benefit from our services.
- KCS is funded through a combination of school levies and donations.
- KCS currently employs over 100 full-time and part-time people in its member schools and head office. Koinonia also depends on many volunteers. Current openings are adverstised on our Employment page.
- KCS and NorthStar Academy share office space. NorthStar Academy is a Christian on-line school. Its courses can help the small or large school "fill in the gaps" in those situations where the school cannot provide a particular course. NorthStar is a great way to offer a wider range of option classes or solve timetable issues.
- The Koinonia Christian Education Society (KCES) is the legal entity that operates the Koinonia Christian School system. Delegates from member schools meet annually at a General Assembly to elect board members for the Koinonia Christian Education Society and to give the board guidance for the upcoming year.
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (403) 335-9587 if you have any questions about how you can get involved with Koinonia Christian Schools.